Friday, January 18, 2013

True Love

Whew. We made it - its Friday!

I am looking forward to the weekend. I feel like I have finally dug myself out of the holiday quicksand. As much as I love that time of year, it sucks me in and pulls me away from my normal routine. I eat too much crap, I start slacking off on the exercise, and other things become a higher priority than crafting just for the heck of it and then being able to blog about it. I had a good week this week, felt like I was able to get closer to the place I want to be. Hopefully that feeling will help me to keep it going. Now if I could only pick back up on Project Life. I love every bit of it, but I stopped in August of last year and the daunting task of catching up is well.. daunting.

How about I share today's card with you?


Each of these images is from the Cupid's Arrow set from Wplus9. I lightly drew pencil lines along my card to follow when stamping each design. I used a grid lined block, stamped onto grid paper, and took my time.. it was easy to flip my cardstock over the first time I goofed :)

I started with a dark red ink and stamped each row in a lighter color. I thought finishing it off with a sentiment in gray would be a good compliment. Red and gray are good together. I punched out one of the bull's eye images with a circle punch and popped it up on my card.

I like this card for my husband. It is lovey without being too girly or floofy (I resisted adding some glitter). Clean and graphic is always a winner for the guys.

I hope you have a great weekend. I have a list of challenges I'd like to play along with, so that's what I hope to be doing!


------------
Recipe
STAMPS: Cupid's Arrow - Wplus9
CARDSTOCK: Oatmeal - Wplus9; Real Red - SU!
INK: Going Gray, Poppy Parade, Real Red, Cherry Cobbler - SU!

6 comments:

  1. I really really love this Anya! So bold and graphic. Great tip on your alignment as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally hear you about the burnout after December. I always consider January - at least the first two weeks - a bit of a write off. I am feeling the same as you - finally energized to get back up and into life again!

    I love this card... what a diverse set this one is. You used the images so perfectly, and I think you're right, it's a great guy's card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. perfect guy valentine!! i'll have to check out this wp9 set!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I understand what you mean about the holidays. Routines fly out the door! For me, I feel like I was out of the loop/off balance for most of 2012. We started a major home construction project in March of last year, finishing in August and I feel like I spent the rest of the year playing catch-up. Hopefully I can get back on track in 2013.

    Love your card - I've been drawn to graphic lately! Great for your guy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This whole card is True Love! Amazing, Anya! I love how you make me look at stamp sets in a whole new light.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!