Sunday, March 25, 2012

Turning Two

Helllooo friends! How was your weekend? Raise your hand if you answer is 'not long enough!'

This weekend my sweet niece Tessa turned two. She is the youngest of our bunch of nieces and nephews and boy, she is a cutie.

This week's Play Date Cafe Color Challenge was perfect for the birthday card I needed to create. Bright, happy, birthday colors for a scrumptious little sweetie. Here is the color story.

I knew that I wanted to use the new Layered Butterfly Die from Wplus9 on my card. I built the rest around that.

The bottom layer of the butterfly was die cut from Purely Pomegranate cardstock. I cut the next two layers for the wings from a doily. Isn't that lacy look fun? The last piece is the body of the butterfly, which was again cut from PP cardstock. I topped it off with a rhinestone and some Diamond Stickles on the wings. The glitter made the paper curl a bit, which was perfect! Aren't they just adorable? Seriously love this super fun and creative die - lots of possibilities!

I also used images from Woodgrain Silhouettes and the Additions set as well as Very Vintage Greetings. These are staples of my collection!

Well that's it for me, I'm going to finish up watching the hockey game with my hubs then head to bed. Thanks for your visit - have a great night!

Anya

------------
Recipe:
STAMPS: Woodgrain Silhouettes, Woodgrain Silhouettes Additions, Very Vintage Greetings - Wplus9
CARDSTOCK: Purely Pomegranate, More Mustard - Stampin' Up!; White - Papertrey Ink
INK: Baja Breeze, More Mustard, Purely Pomegranate - Stampin' Up!; Antique Linen Distress Ink - Ranger Industries
OTHER: Layered Butterfly Die, Label Layers 3 Die - Wplus9; Doily - Wilton; Pink adhesive rhinestone - Recollections; Diamond Stickles - Ranger Industries

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love the blue woodgrain and those fabulous butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the lacy tops on the butterflies Anya - and that pretty woodgrain stamping! How fun for a 2 year old - bet the party was fun too - they are SO cute at that age!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love the butterflies! Thanks for playing along with us at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is ever so pretty, Anya! Don't you just adore that butterfly die?! And you've made it shine with those darling, doily wings! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, so pretty, I especially like the "doily" butterflies and that woodgrain background. Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe. Come again!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!