Friday, February 26, 2010

Sparkly Berry Bunches

It is another snowy day here in Pittsburgh. Just when things started to get a little cleared up from our last storm, it is coming down again. I am thankful it is Friday.

Continuing on my purple theme, I have a Prickley Pear card for you today. I really love this one.

I started with one of the new transparencies from Prickley Pear's Spring 2010 ATC Transparencies. I love stamping more than anything, but sometimes it is really nice to just grab one of these transparencies and go. I love the possibilities for embellishing - this time I covered the whole things with adhesive and glittered it. This transparency design is also available in the newly released stamps from Prickley Pear: Berry Bunches.

I stitched the transparency to a mat of cardstock that had been trimmed with my pinking blade. The purple patterned cardstock is from the Guide Lines collection and was a perfect fit for this card. The button was from my stash - I used a Copic marker to color some silk ribbon green to resemble leaves. Cute, huh?

This is a fun, happy card. I just love it!

Don't forget that WMS is sharing previews of the new stamp sets that will be released on Monday. Today Claire, Bonnie, Laurie, and Julia have created some fabulous things. I will be sharing my preview here tomorrow, so please be sure to stop by (it is a beauty if I do say so myself! ;) Love the new stuff!)

Have a fabulous day! Stay warm!

#Anya

Recipe:
Cardstock: Plum Pudding, Rustic White - Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: Guide Lines Collection - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Chamomile Tea Dye Ink - Papertrey Ink
Other: Transparency from Spring 2010 ATC Transparency - Prickley Pear Rubber Stamps; Antique Silver, Verdelite, Charoite glitter - Martha Stewart Crafts; Swiss Dot Embossing folder - ProvoCraft; Pinking blade for rotary paper trimmer - Fiskars; Plum Pudding button, Silk ribbon, Rustic White button twine - Papertrey Ink; Copic marker; sewing machine

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I just love it! I love the way the color fans out from the image!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Anya - that transparency looks super with the shimmer behind it - love your stitching and cute flower/button - the purples look great on this pretty card!

    can't wait to see your sneak peek tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, Anya!! Love all the shimmer!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!