Thursday, October 1, 2009

Christmas Wishes

Happy October! I can't believe how time flies.

I think I'll start October off with a Christmas card :)


I love wreaths. There's just something so cozy about them. I used the holly stamps (there are 4 different ones - patterned and plain) from Very Vintage Christmas to create my wreath. The holly was stamped onto Rustic Cream cardstock and then colored with my Copics. I stamped a few extra leaves and then cut them out, filling in any empty spots in the wreath.

There was a perfect space inside the wreath for the sentiment, and I added a few berries. If you've never tried this before - use your Copics to customize your embellishments! These little adhesive pearls are actually gold, and I just colored them in to match my project.

Finishing touches include a little ink around the edges, some stitched ribbon, and a button. The card base is from the Holiday Vintage Prints patterned paper collection.

Hope you like it! Have a great evening!

#Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: Very Vintage Christmas - Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Rustic Cream, Holiday Vintage Prints patterned paper - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Old Olive - SU!; Dark Chocolate, Chamomile Vintage Touch Tea Dye - Papertrey Ink
Other: Ripe Avocado Twill, Pure Poppy button - Papertrey Ink; Gold adhesive pearls - Michaels; Copic markers; sewing machine

9 comments:

  1. OOOooohhh AAAAAhhh! OOOOh AAh OOOOOOOh AAAhhhh! OOOOh! ........ OOOOOhhhh...AAAhhh! so wish I'd thought of that!!! lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfectly pretty! I love it and I agree with Claire....OOOOOh AAAAAhhhh!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool idea! Love the fun wreath! Can I third the OOOh and Aaaaahs? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! I love it! Those pearls are the perfect finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the dimension on this card. Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card. Everything comes together so well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How creative and beautiful is this wreath Anya! I love the shades of green you colored it -and the extra popped up pieces! just lovely! thanks for the tip on coloring the embellies to match!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow, this is wonderful! I love the wreath!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!