Thursday, September 3, 2009

Happy, Happy!

..Joy, Joy! Do you remember Ren & Stimpy? The show wasn't very stimulating, but as a kid I thought it was a riot. Even my Dad would share a laugh with us once in a while. Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy always makes me think of the show. Anyway, I digress (don't ask me where that all came from)...

Today's card was made for a friend of my husband's who celebrated his birthday last week. Sometimes I enjoy making guy cards - its a bit of a challenge, you know?


I totally fell in love with stamping black ink onto Enchanted Evening cardstock after I saw this card from Niki Estes. I just love the colors together.

The notebook paper stamp is from an old Inque Boutique mini set called Mini Note. It was stamped onto SS White in Going Gray ink. Inque Boutique is no longer in business (sad face) but my local Pat Catan's has had their sets in stock and on sale. The rest of the card info is below in the recipe - the small cluster of stars in the top left is from Out on a Limb Additions. Love those black and blue stars!

So glad to see you! Have a fantastic evening!

#Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: Star Prints, Out on a Limb Additions, Birthday Basics - Papertrey Ink; Mini Note - Inque Boutique
Cardstock: Enchanted Evening, SS White - Papertrey Ink; Basic Grey - SU
Ink: True Black - Papertrey Ink; Going Gray - SU
Other: Star punch - SU; Heidi Swapp edge distresser

6 comments:

  1. Love it! Another goodie I wouldn't think of.. black in on blue paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy happy joy joy indeed! ;) Love this masculine card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great CAS card - love the black on Enchanted Evening, very classy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great masculine card. Your card base at first glance has a denim feel to it. Love the stars in black and blue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I use to LOVE Ren & Stimpy! I still sing Happy Happy Joy Joy and use the phrase "You eeeeeeeeediot!" though not to cause offence LOL!
    Anyways back to the card! Great guy card - I love the black on enchanted evening and those faint stars in the corner are a fab finishing touch!
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh! black on EE is beautiful! What a great card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!