Monday, August 31, 2009

Happy Harvest

I am very excited to share today's card with you! It doesn't happen often when the idea in my head and the execution match up! I can't wait any longer!



The inspiration for this card came from Amy's Blog Hop card. I loved the idea of the swirling fall leaves and my mind immediately went to stitching them (yes, we've created a monster). I started by stamping the leaves from Beautiful Blooms in fall colors and cutting them out. Then I stamped Background Basics: Text Style in Chamomile Vintage Touch Tea Dye Ink onto my main image. I inked the stamp up unevenly on purpose to give it a faded, weathered look.

I used a pencil to lightly draw the swirl lines that I planned to stitch. Let's just say I didn't quite follow them exactly, but I got the general idea. I added the leaves, adhering them with foam tape. Then I matted the main image with a piece of Autumn Abundance patterned paper. This is hands-down my favorite patterned paper collection from Papertrey yet. I inked the edges with more of the Vintage Touch Tea Dye Ink, using both Chamomile and Chai this time.

The Happy Harvest sentiment is from Vintage Picnic. I hope you love this card as much as I do! Please scroll down and check out Friday's card too - those little pumpkins are so stinkin' cute!

I hope you have a great day! Thank you for stopping by!

#Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: Beautiful Blooms, Background Basics: Text Style, Vintage Picnic - Papertrey Ink
Cardstock: Vintage Cream - Papertrey Ink
Patterned Paper: Autumn Abundance - Papertrey Ink
Ink: Spring Moss, Ripe Avocado, Pure Poppy, Scarlet Jewel, Lemon Tart, Summer Sunrise, Chamomile and Chai Vintage Touch Tea Dye Duo - Papertrey Ink; Pumpkin Pie, Really Rust, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa - Stampin' Up!

Other: Machine stitching

7 comments:

  1. LOVE it! What a brilliant way to do the leaves - I NEVER think to use anything besides green ink on them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable.. this would be so cute for all seasons! snowflakes, hearts, flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty pretty card Anya! Lovely stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool card. Love those swirly vines. I got my moxie fab button posted - thanks for that link Anya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh, how awesome is this card Anya!?! The pierced trail of leaves is so perfect and really makes me think of fall. Love those outline leaf images, I need to use them more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome idea and I'm totally flattered that my blog hop card inspired you!
    Your leaves are so much bolder and autumnal than mine though and I adore your stitching - so rustic and cosy! Can we swap? LOL!
    Aimes
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!