Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Tidings of Comfort

Hi all!

Tomorrow is Serendipity Stamps' second Design Team challenge (you can see the first here). I thought I would share a little pre-challenge project with you today. Following the same theme, here's a little Christmas in July!


The beautiful English horn image is from Serendipity Stamps. I have always been fascinated and inspired by Tim Holtz's tags and thought I would play a little with that idea. This is a renewed inspiration after the stamp show this weekend (lots of great Tim Holtz creations at the Stampers Anonymous booth!) Anyway, I digress!

The background was created by blending various Distress Inks. The English horn image was also stamped and then colored using Distress Inks and an aquapen. My fellow DT member, Yvonne, has hooked me on this technique. The other images are a combination of Stampin' Up!, Papertrey Ink and Tim Holtz images. The sentiment is an old PSX stamp left over from my early days of stamping. A spritz of Perfect Pearls finishes off the tag, but it is difficult to see the shimmer in the photo.

That's it! Please stop back tomorrow when I share my project for the DT Challenge as well as some fun announcements! Thank you for your visit!

Anya

Recipe:
Stamps: English horn - Serendipity Stamps; Peaceful Wishes - Stampin' Up!; Fancy Flourishes - Papertrey Ink; Mini Muse, Mini Ornates - Tim Holtz (Stampers Anonymous); Tidings of Comfort - PSX
Cardstock: Manila Tag - Tim Holtz (Stampers Anonymous)
Ink: Dark Chocolate - Papertrey Ink; Various Distress Inks - Ranger
Misc: Perfect Pearls (Pearl) - Ranger

2 comments:

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!