Monday, May 5, 2008

Monday, Monday

I am a big fan of the Discovery Channel. One of my favorite shows, of course, is Dirty Jobs. The show's time slot is moving to Mondays and the commercial for it features the song Monday, Monday written by The Mamas and the Papas. Hence, today's title because the song gets stuck in my head every. single. Monday.

I do have a card to share with you, but before that a little jabber about my weekend. On Saturday night, Bill and I went to see
Jason Deutsch play. Jason is a fantastic musician, and the brother of a dear friend of mine (hi Josette!). Jason played at mine and Bill's wedding, so that was the coolest of the cool. Jason is awesome, his songs are incredible, and he is such a sweetheart. He was promoting his new cd release called Peaceful Oblivion. Everyone: go see him and buy his music! Seriously, we need to support our local musicians.

Ok, so here's my card:



I made this for Mary when I sent her the Anniversary Set that she won. I used the small cross stamp from Simple Little Things and stamped some patterned paper. I used Summer Sunrise and Cognac Palette Ink. Then I sponged on a little Ranger Distress Ink in Old Paper. This was then layered onto a piece of Summer Sunrise cardstock that had been paper pierced. I stamped the larger cross from Simple Little Things in Summer Sunrise, Cognac, and Burnt Umber and cut them all out. I layered them on top of each other and added a copper brad. Its like a big ol' fancy flower. The sentiment is also from Simple Little Things. It reads 'So Happy For You' but I just inked up what I wanted. The card base is Chocolate Chip. That's it! Easy as pie.

Enjoy your evening. Thanks for stopping by - I'd love to hear from you!



Card supplies:

Stamps: Simple Little Things (PTI Anniversary Set)
Paper: Chocolate Chip (SU), Summer Sunrise, SS White (PTI)
Ink: Summer Sunrise (PTI), Cognac, Burnt Umber (Palette), Distress Ink Old Paper (Ranger)
Accessories: Paper piercer, copper brad

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!