Thursday, April 3, 2008

Pretty Bird

I snuck some stamp time in before the hockey game started last night. I had written down a sketch I saw on Jen Del Muro's blog, i{heart}2stamp a few days ago and wanted to try it out! I jumped on the bird trend bandwagon and picked up Inkadinkado's Birds Galore clear set at Stamp Fanci, my local stamp store. It was sitting on my desk and I thought it would work well with this sketch.

Here's my card:



All the colors were chosen basen on the patterned paper, which is Fiona, from the Basic Grey Perhaps collection. I picked out Purely Pomegranate, Really Rust, Groovy Guava, and PTI Sweet Blush to match the colors in the patterned paper.

The card base is Sweet Blush and is approximately 6-1/8" by 4-1/4". I know its a strange size, but I thought I would use a piece I had cut already. I stamped the large group of birds stamp onto the card base in Sweet Blush. The horizontal strip of patterned paper was layered onto a piece of Purely Pomegranate. I added some faux stitching to the top of this piece. The vertical strip of patterned paper was layered onto a piece of Really Rust. Rub-ons from SU's Eastern Elegance Collection were added to the patterned paper.

The ovals were cut out of Groovy Guava and Really Rust using my oval Nestabilities. The rust oval was stamped with the double line oval stamp from PTI's
Borders & Corners Oval set. Two orange brads were added to either side.

The bird was inked first with Groovy Guava, then the edges were inked with Really Rust and then Purely Pomegranate. I spritzed it with water and then stamped onto PTI SS White. I added clear embossing powder to the image and heated until it melted. I then cut the image out and mounted it onto the rust oval with foam tape. Everything was sponged with Chocolate Chip ink to give it an aged look. That's it! I really like the way this turned out- and I used products that I might typically hoard! :)

One of my Stamp Campers asked how I take my card photographs. I thought I would share in case anyone else was wondering as well. Anytime I have come across any information from other stampers about how they take their photos, I always take note. Here's a photo of my set up:


I use a styrofoam box that the fish are delivered in to the store as my backdrop. It works well, and was free! I have two Ott-Lite Truecolor Craft Lamps that I got on sale at JoAnn's. I just put my cards in the box, adjust the lights and take my pictures! I am glad that I set this up - I really felt like without good pictures, how could you tell what my cards really looked like? I feel much more confident in sharing things now. So that's what I do - if anyone has any more questions, just let me know.

Thanks for stopping by - have a great day!



Supplies:

Stamps: Birds Galore (Inkadinkado), Borders & Corners Oval (PTI)
Paper: Purely Pomegranate, Really Rust, Groovy Guava (SU), Sweet Blush (PTI), Fiona from Perhaps Collection (Basic Grey)
Ink: Sweet Blush (Palette Ink for PTI), Groovy Guava, Really Rust, Purely Pomegranate, Chocolate Chip (SU)
Accessories: Oval Nestabilities, orange brads (Making Memories), Eastern Elegance Rub-ons (SU)

1 comment:

  1. WOW ANYA!!! That's a pretty card. And that tip on the lite set up was great!! How helpful!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!