Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Fabulous Flower Birthday

Sorry about the neglected blog. I have been so swamped at work lately, and I have had little time or energy for stamping and blogging once I've gotten home. Oh well, I will try and work to be more motivated!

I was visiting with my in-laws over the weekend and learned that my husband's great aunt is having a birthday this week. We don't see her very often, but every time that we do, she is always so classy and put together. I was looking for some motivation to create, so I decided to send her a card. No matter how many cards I have on hand, I always like to make a special one for the occasion. I went for a classic, simple sketch and made myself pass over the Papertrey stamps to pick a Stampin' Up! set. Here is what I came up with:




I flipped through my patterned paper stash and found this one, Admire, from the Basic Grey Blush line. I pulled my colors from the paper, choosing Soft Sky, Ruby Red, and PTI Sweet Blush. The strip of patterned paper was layered onto a piece of Ruby Red that was scalloped with my corner rounder.

The large (dahlia?) flower from SU's Fabulous Flowers set was stamped three times in Ruby Red onto Sweet Blush cardstock and cut out. I sprayed the flower with some
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist in Iridescent Gold and added some adhesive pearls to the center. I tied a strip of Sweet Blush Topnotch Twill to the patterned paper and adhered it all to a base of Soft Sky. The sentiment is from PTI's Birthday Basics set, which has a wonderful selection of sentiments for the card inside and outside. Next step was into an envelope that had been stamped with the large flower in Sweet Blush, and it was off to its recipient! Happy Birthday, Aunt Billie!

That's it for me! I have another post for you tomorrow.. some things we made at Stamp Camp last week. Thanks for stopping by!



Supplies:

Stamps: Fabulous Flowers (SU), Birthday Basics (PTI)
Paper: Soft Sky, Ruby Red (SU), Sweet Blush (PTI), Admire (Blush line, Basic Grey)
Ink: Ruby Red (SU), Burnt Umber (Palette Ink)
Accessories: Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist (Tattered Angels), Sweet Blush Topnotch Twill (PTI), adhesive pearls, corner rounder

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!