Monday, March 31, 2008

Sweet Cupcakes!

The Monday work day is almost over. Thank goodness. I really hate having 5 days of work in front of me, so to get one out of the way is a start.

This is a card I made last night. I had this in my head for a while, and finally snuck in a few minutes to put it on paper.



The cupcakes are from PTI's It's A Celebration stamp set. The set comes with 4 different cupcake tops! The one with the spots reminds me of a mushroom :) Like the little red and white Super Mario Brothers mushrooms. I know you know what I'm talking about. Anyway..

The cupcake bottom is stamped in Sweet Blush. The tops are stamped in Berry Sorbet and Boudoir Blush (all Palette Ink). The Boudoir Blush is just a teensy bit darker than the Berry Sorbet. I stacked my cupcakes, adding two that were cut out of the new Pink Patterns patterned paper and popped up with foam tape. The 'how sweet' is a portion of the sentiment 'how sweet it is' from the set. I said that just so you too would be singing Marvin Gaye all day. You're welcome :)

This piece was layered on Night of Navy and then onto of a piece of Sweet Blush that I stamped with a teensy star from the stamp set. The card base is PTI Berry Sorbet. I added another strip of Night of Navy which I layered with Sweet Blush and then another piece of the Pink Patterns patterned paper. I added Tutti Frutti and Stardust stickles to the two popped up cupcakes and that was it. The sparkles never show up well in the photographs. I am rushing a little in an effort to finish this before I leave work for the day. I hope that I am making sense.

I really liked these colors together - the Navy was just enough to ground things a little. Keep from getting lost in all that pink! Thanks for stopping by, I hope your Monday went by quickly!




Supplies:
Stamps: It's A Celebration (PTI)
Paper: Sweet Blush, Berry Sorbet, SS White, Pink Patterns PP (PTI), Night of Navy (SU)
Ink: Sweet Blush, Berry Sorbet (Palette Ink for PTI), Boudoir Blush (Palette Ink)
Accessories: Night of Navy marker, Tutti Frutti & Stardust Stickles

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by - I love to hear from you!